Lynda Scott Araya - The Photograph
A fascinating interview. Lynda Scott Araya talks about the inspiration for her poem 'The Photograph' which is based on a rumor circulating in the rural area of New Zealand where she lives. It's about what happens when a provocative photo lands on social media, unbeknownst to the person in the photo, and how this impacts a person's life, not necessarily for the better.
Many thanks to Lynda for 'The Photograph' which is in our forthcoming anthology, Sending Nudes. We're having a virtual launch on 15 January (release day) at 7pm GMT, and Lynda will be reading her poem. If you'd like to join us, here's the link to register: eventbrite.co.uk/e/sending-nudes-book-launch
1. Tell us how you found out about our Sending Nudes call for submissions.
2. Your poem ‘The Photograph’ is based on a rumour. Can you tell us about this?
3. How do you channel your passion of writing in the day to day? What are your sources of inspiration, and which genres do you prefer?
4. Your twitter bio says: 'My background is in education but my passion has always been for writing. I am a strong advocate for mental health awareness and workplace wellbeing.' Would you like to tell us more about this?
5. Tell us about your life in New Zealand - you have a background in education, but you also worked in men’s prisons.
6. Describe yourself in 3 words.
* * *
Lynda Scott Araya lives in a beautiful heritage house in rural New Zealand. She has a background in education and has taught in a diverse range of settings including at tertiary level and in men's prisons. Her passion, however, has always been writing. Recently, she has been published in Chaos, Blue Nib, Mindfood and Prospectus A Literary Offering. She has work forthcoming in Landfall 240.
* * *
Sending Nudes is an intimate collection of fiction, nonfiction and poetry about why people send nudes. Release date is 15 January 2021.
To pre-order from Guts Publishing (with free ebook) visit: gutspublishing.com/sending-nudes