Glen Armstrong - Today's Photography
A thought-provoking chat with Glen Armstrong about 'seeing and being seen and what happens when that gets committed to being a photograph.' Many thanks to Glen for this interview, and for his poem 'Today's Photography'.
1. How did you find out about our call for submissions?
2. Did you write ‘Today’s Photography’ for the submission, or was it something you had already been thinking about?
3. Do you consider yourself more of a poet or prose writer?
4. You teach creative writing at a university. Tell us how this has affected your writing?
5. Your bio says you edit a poetry journal called Cruel Garters. Tell us about this.
6. What are you currently reading?
7. Describe yourself in three words.
* * *
Sending Nudes is an intimate collection of fiction, nonfiction and poetry about why people send nudes. Release date is 15 January 2021. To pre-order from Guts visit: gutspublishing.com/sending-nudes. It's also available on Amazon worldwide. Click here to pre-order from Amazon US and Amazon UK.
* * *
Glen Armstrong holds an MFA in English from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst and teaches writing at Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan. He edits a poetry journal called Cruel Garters and has three current books of poems: Invisible Histories, The New Vaudeville, and Midsummer. His work has appeared in Poetry Northwest, Conduit, and Cream City Review.