Emma Grae - Turtleneck Andy
A lovely chat with Emma Grae author of 'Turtleneck Andy' in our Sending Nudes anthology. In the interview Emma talks about what inspired this short story, what it's like writing in Scots, and about publishing her first novel Be guid tae yer Mammy. Hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Many thanks, Emma. xx
1. ‘Turtleneck Andy’ is written in a Scottish dialect. Can you tell us about this?
2. Without giving away too much, can you tell us about ‘Turtleneck Andy’? There are so many moments of humour and lightness, although it touches on big issues. What inspired you?
3. Did you write this for the Sending Nudes submission, or is it something you’ve been working on for a while?
4. Your bio says your first novel, Be guid tae yer Mammy, is being published by Unbound in May 2021. Tell us about the novel.
5. What has it been like working with Unbound?
6. What are you working on now?
7. Describe yourself in 3 words.
* * *
Sending Nudes is an intimate collection of fiction, nonfiction and poetry about why people send nudes. Release date is 15 January 2021. Pre-order from Guts Publishing and get a free ebook: gutspublishing.com/sending-nudes. It's also available on Amazon worldwide (ebook and paperback). Click here to pre-order from Amazon UK and Amazon US.
* * *
Emma Grae is a Scottish author and journalist from Glasgow. She has published fiction and poetry in the UK and Ireland since 2014 in journals including The Honest Ulsterman, From Glasgow to Saturn and The Open Mouse. Most recently, her work was selected to be performed by Liars' League at two of their London-based events in 2020. Her first novel, Be guid tae yer Mammy, is being published by Unbound in May 2021.