Asad Raja Interview - Guts Publishing
Updated: Aug 12, 2020
Today I interviewed Asad Raja - Londoner and author of 'Home/Screen' in our Cyber Smut anthology. He's a thoughtful and sensitive writer with some interesting insights on social media and why South Asian writers are underrepresented in the publishing world. He also talks about the real-life (Twitter) inspiration for 'Home/Screen'. I'm definitely not a professional interviewer - so you'll have to excuse my ums and stammers! Really enjoyed this and hope you do too. ~ Julianne
Here are the interview questions:
1. You have a lot of artistic interests (writing, music, plays), how did you decide to pursue Mechanical Engineering?
2. Tell us about your work as Music Editor for the university newspaper Felix.
3. In your bio it says you are the founder and president of Imperial's Hip Hop Society. Tell us about this.
4. How do you feel about your first publication being in an anthology titled Cyber Smut?
5. Can you summarize your short story 'Home/Screen' and tell us what inspired it?
6. Do you think Pakistani writers are underrepresented?
7. What’s your favourite place in South London?
8. Describe yourself in three words.
* * *
Our Cyber Smut anthology is a collection of 25 poems and short stories about how the internet and technology impact our lives, our sexuality and how we love. Release date is 15 September 2020. For pre-orders visit: www.gutspublishing.com/books