Really enjoyed this interview with the lovely Molly McLellan. She was in our Stories About Penises anthology (short story called 'Field', loosely based on the Lorena Bobbitt story) and now she has a piece called 'Ender' in our Sending Nudes anthology. I have to say, she always has a unique angle. And it was great to finally meet Molly (we've been emailing for over a year now) and find out how she came up with the idea to write about older people's sexuality. As if sending nudes weren't taboo enough... Love it. Many thanks for this Molly. xx
1. About ‘Ender’, was this something you were thinking about before the Sending Nudes call for submissions?
2. Without giving away too much, can you tell us about ‘Ender’?
3. Is this the first time you’ve written about sending nudes? If so, could you see yourself writing more on this theme?
4. What effect has the pandemic and lockdown had on your writing?
5. You live in Canada, but you did your MA in Creative Writing in the UK. What inspired this?
6. Describe yourself in 3 words
* * *
Sending Nudes is an intimate collection of fiction, nonfiction and poetry about why people send nudes. Release date is 15 January 2021. To pre-order from Guts Publishing visit: gutspublishing.com/sending-nudes. Sending Nudes is also available on Amazon worldwide. Click here to pre-order from Amazon US and Amazon Canada.
* * *
Molly McLellan is a research nut to say the least. It never seems to fail that her fiction always leads her down the endless rabbit hole of sources, upon sources, upon sources. Perhaps this is why she felt the need to obtain a master's degree from Oxford in Creative Writing. Combining her two great loves of research and writing fiction in a place with one of the world’s largest libraries and oldest collection of books. Now back home in Canada, she spends her days writing, out adventuring with her beloved dog Jack, and generally avoiding the mythical land known as “adulthood”.